Monday, March 7, 2011

Saving ourselves Sisterhood

There has been a lot of reinforcement recently as to why we blogging wives of diabetics reach out to one aother...quite frankly we have to. There has been mention of going for therapy and I see this AS therapy. I remember a P.A. told me to just write my thoughts down in a notebook when I was in a dark place and asked her if I should go for therapy. I thought she was just brushing it off, almost like telling me to get over myself...but now I get it...you write things down and in this case others can read it if they want to and it helps...it really helps, especially when those others know exactly where you are coming from.

We need each other...we need to write our thoughts down in a notebook/blog and feel less alone. HUGS and LOVE.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, for me also, this is a type of therapy. I know I can spout off here, and someone out there always understands it. Hopefully, I help someone else in return!

    ReplyDelete
  2. but also, it's a journey. You can go back and read where you were and where you are not. It's also a documentation for children and other family members when they ask questions. And I know mine will after he's gone.

    More than anything, I have come to learn that if you write it all down, then you can let go of some of it. It really does help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have "journaled" for years
    but I find this blog to be a new sort of therapy

    sharing with others who are following the same path has helped me in ways I couldn't imagine

    so thank you, and best wishes to you and your hubby

    each of our paths is different
    trials and tribulations at different times

    tom's wife

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you my supportive sisters...sanity savers...this is a blessing to me.

    ReplyDelete