Tuesday, March 22, 2011

all signed up

Since hubby is 100% disabled I am now qualified to get my medical care through the VA so yesterday I got all signed up...I will start next month. I am thrilled (no more health care insurance pmt). So now we will both go to appointments at the same place, more togetherness. LOL...hey I love that we are both going to the appt.s getting lunch out...life is good for the most part. Yesterday he held off taking the pain pills until evening...then he could not bear it any longer...he had a second chiropractic visit and was told this will take time, so no miracle occurred but his spirits are good so onward we charge.

One thing I have that is separate is my writing. I am working on my 8th novel and this June hubby and I will fly to Santa Barbara so I can attend a writer's conference and meet with an agent. I have queried agents for years with no luck, so we shall see what happens. I take a life-routine break when I create fiction...it is like a Calgon bath for my mind.

Last night after the pain pills kicked in, hubby got sweet talking again...but this comment got to me...he said he was so happy now that if something happened to him I would be taken care of, meaning my being enrolled in healthcare at the VA. I knew he was on the pain pills but I also knew he meant every slow spoken word of it.

HUGS to my sisters struggling with supporting our diabetic spouses...WE ROCK!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful news on your insurance. Champ VA is a great thing. My mother got her's through her husband and both my in-laws have it.

    Also, very nice to hear the news on your 8th novel! You should be proud of yourself.

    And thank you for the kind comment for me on Crazy Wife's blog. You ladies are a great comfort to me. It's nice to know I'm not out here alone imagining what my P-DH says to me is all in my mind.

    I've started my own page here it's daytodaywithadiabetic. Stop by and say hello sometime!

    I can understand your DH's relief in knowing you would be taken care of if something happened to him as well as why it got to you.

    Hang in there and thanks again for your kind words.

    S

    ReplyDelete