Sunday, March 27, 2011

OH NO...enough!

I don't get colds and respiratory ailments anymore it seems...I think all the foods I eliminated (due to having thyroid disease and an autoimmune disease) were behind the many ailments I did suffer with for years before I eliminated them...any who...I got something the other day and felt lousy but carried on any way (instead of going to bed), you know...us martyrs...BUT I got really grumpy when hubby said he might have a cold too...I blew up saying, "Oh no, I will have to take care of you on top of how I already do when I can hardly take care of myself and all I have to do around here." Hubby gave me a look, a wounded look, but he also said he understood that he is high maintenance, like lots of men when they catch the common cold, and I didn't need any more to deal with. I still feel lousy but life goes on, right? It made me realize that we just can't get sick, right? But we do and it is okay to let off steam...%&$Q#^%#^&I%^$YTW$^&^I(*O^TJRHGFDUT&I(Y^&%T$^%^Y$$RYTUI&^*^%$^@%#!!!!!! There, I feel better!

5 comments:

  1. I hate when my hubby gets sick too. Those sugars go crazy, and just adds more stress. Hang in there

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sandy!
    So nice to meet you. I look forward to getting to know you via this supportive sister cyber connection. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lynn, I'm sorry you are sick. I have to tell you your post has me laughing. I love to see you are human. I'm giving you a standing ovation for your rant. You go girl!

    My gluten intolerance first showed itself as adult onset asthma. From there it leads to something disgusting called "Leaky Gut Syndrome." The leaky gut may have lead to cancer. I feel a bit like the old woman who swallowed the fly...

    I'm sure you like I do not want to make our hubbies feel bad, but every now and then a good reality check doesn't hurt.

    I hope you spend your day in jammies like DW

    Love you, S

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynn,
    hope you feel better, you are so allowed to feel poorly
    and his "sorry" look?
    don't let it bother you
    that's worked for so many years
    its time for some you time.....

    hope you get to sleep it off......

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did rest a bit but we had to take our youngest back to college and then pick up our middle at the train station so off we went...and it was hilarious to hear hubby joking about stepping it up to help around the house since I didn't feel good...he winked at me and squeezed my hand and said, "You are amazing what with all you do." He gets it. HE BETTER! And I joked every time he emitted a cough...I would say, "FAKER" and we'd all laugh.
    I agree with you all...a sense of humor is essential in this married to diabetes partnering. LOL LOVE YA

    ReplyDelete