Saturday, March 19, 2011

A good day


My sons are all here for the weekend to record 6 original songs for my youngest son's recording project at college. They are musicians, ages 35, 30, and 19 and it blows me away that they want to make music together...it truly is incredible to me...several years ago we built a four bay garage with a studio over it so that is where they practice and record too. My oldest is an English teacher and wrestling coach, is married and has four girls and lives in the south, so he had to fly up for this. My youngest is in college, studing sound engineering/music production and had break this week and my middle son has been living in the studio for the past several months and has an LLC that he uses to manage marketing over the Internet...so for them to write their own music (older two have produced 4 cds already of indie music) and want to perform together is a thrill for hubby and me.
Music and sons making music (barryband.com) is great medicine for Tom and me...we had a good day yesterday...they were at the college in the recording studio on campus so Tom and I did some shopping and ate a late lunch out...I DROVE...he really knows he can't while under the influence of oxychodone. I am getting used to his altered state and he is sweet (obnoxiously and I know it is the pills talking) so I guess it is better than his grimacing in pain. A day in the life (right, ladies?)...and he bought a TV for our bedroom so if we want to watch different things we now have a bigger screen tv for our viewing pleasure...so heck...I can live with that.

2 comments:

  1. so nice for you to have the sons around. helps make everything better, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure does. And takes my mind off hubby's debilitating state and the goofy side effect of the pain pills. HUGS and LOVE

    ReplyDelete