Sunday, April 24, 2011

Out of control!

He's been doing well, readings have been where they should be...but today he messed up and was eating candy everytime I looked at him...and then we noticed he had not taken any pills today...ugh...over 300 when he took his reading...so he took pills and had a sandwich and his insulin shot and the sons got all the candy out of the house...
It isn't like I am a bad example I have not had even a piece of candy since last October...I freaked out learning about autoimmune diseases and how it is not good to have sweets and like an alcoholic I can't even have one piece...it leads to more more more...so here I am the nondiabetic not eating candy and he's a diabetic and eating candy...I was so annoyed...but he stopped and he looked remorseful so I guess that is the way it is.

Not out of the woods yet.

And the pain is still there so he mostly sits...this too shall pass, or will it?

HUGS all around. YOU GALS ARE THE BEST!

5 comments:

  1. I tell you, it's the "candy" holidays that will kill the non-diabetic spouses!!!! Wish I could give you a hug! Hoping that tomorrow is a better day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made sure DH had a basket filled with sugarfree candy this morning. He did well with that but ate way too much potato salad. Grossly too much. Watching him put me off my dinner.

    I agree with DH and funnily I just wished her the same, "hoping tomorrow is a better day."

    Love, S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lynn
    there is no "perfect" world
    I keep m&m's in the house for my sister
    and for years Tom won't eat them
    then all of a sudden he was eating them like crazy
    we didn't need a holiday for that

    and, then there is the candy in the car
    it seems that now, every day, he eats candy on the way home from work
    says its how he keeps from going low when the drive takes too long
    but its happening almost every day it seems

    so, in the end, it is as we all know
    it is their disease
    and their responsibility
    (and in their control)

    all we can do is....
    worry!!!
    good luck

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you thank you thank you ladies...I LOVE YOU GALS!

    Yesterday morning he took his blood sugar reading and it was 128 so we were like WHAT??? but it was 300 after his sugar fest so he knows his meds must be better regulated with his endo adding Actose and upping his night insulin...so the day went well...we had to take my mom and dad to the hospital so my dad could have cataract surgery and while hanging out with my mom we had coffee and they had bagels and since I am gluten free I looked around and for the first time in my life I bought...AN APPLE for a snack...passed the bags of chips and BOUGHT AN APPLE...as I sat there munching away on THE APPLE I thought wow...this is cool...so I know people can buy APPLES or BANANAS to get a nice sugar fix and do something good for their insides...but it took me 58 years and being told I have an autoimmune disease to do it. BUT our hubbies need to realize this too...it is just never as exciting and ripping open the wrapper of a candy bar...but i am getting to the mindset that candy bar= EVIL fruit=happiness.

    I LOVE YOU LADIES!!!!!!!!!! THANKS FOR SAVING MY SANITY...

    PS In the evening he said, "Can you get me the M&M's and I had to tell him I sent them back to college with our son...he wasn't mad...but i was like GOOD LORD...get a grip, man...YOU ARE A DIABETIC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. With my hubby, it's candy, cookies, and chips that he buys himself . . . and then he will try to tell me that he bought them for me! HA!

    ReplyDelete