Sunday, July 3, 2011

good days

Sugar readings continue to be acceptable and mood = easy breezy. I am so pleased. Tuesday he has an MRI on his head to see how the tumor on his pituitary gland is doing. His sciatica situation is better but he certainly does not want to injure himself so he keeps a low profile in regards to trying to exercise. When we were in California we walked about a mile to a restaurant and then of course we ate and had to walk back, it was hard for him, he complained about his hip aching. But all in all, he is upbeat and his sugar readings are refreshingly acceptable after years and years of HIGH HIGH HIGH readings.

We were in California because I was attending the Santa Barbara Writers Conference. It was wonderful. I got a lot of good advice about making my novel better from those in the know. Evenings were spent listening to best selling authors: Clive Cussler, Erich Puchner, Drusilla Campbell, Simon Van Booy, and TC Boyle. It was a dream come true for me to participate in the workshops and hear the success stories. An agent is willing to look at my manuscript after I work on some things that were pointed out to me.

I am in a good place and it feels good. I hope this finds you in a good place too. HUGS and LOVE.

2 comments:

  1. so happy to hear the good report
    sometimes I almost hesitate to write good things -- not sure how to contract to our sisters who are going through tougher times

    but its wonderful to hear your good news!
    keep letting us know
    particularly on your writing front -- isn't it wonderful to get powerful inspiration?
    you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to attend our local writing group - Southwest Writers - but after burning myself out while trying to get an MS ready for an agent, I backed off.

    I find that I miss the stimulation of being around other writers. We all kind of energize and inspire each other - it's like ideas bounce around between us like random atoms or something. Thanks for the reminder! And good luck with your own writing! Aren't conferences fun?

    ReplyDelete