Saturday, October 23, 2010

Lately...

I see I have not posted anything since September. Why? Well, I think it is because things have been good for the most part. I was self absorbed with my own health concerns...I had surgery for thyroid disfunction and a quarter of my thyroid was removed. Hubby was by my side and a wonderful care giver to me during the ordeal.
I admit that since he has been on meds for depression he has been so mellow and relaxed and just plain happier...I truly think there is a connection and highly recommend to others who seem depressed while dealing with chronic diseases to check out the mental health. wow...it has made a huge difference in our daily lives, I am not always wondering if he is reacting negatively or strangely because of sugar high etc.
His sugar is still higher than it should be...he is still chewing tobacco...but he is in good moods all the time.
At the moment he is dealing with sciatica and is in pain a lot and trying to get comfortable. Poor guy, it's always something, but like I said...being retired and having a good handle on his eating...good good.
I was told that I have Hashimoto's disease and that is why my thyroid was not functioning properly and something a person with this disease can do to control the attacks on the thyroid is eliminate certain substances from their diet. I was already not doing gluten and alcohol, but they also suggest dairy,caffeine, and sugar. So now I am committed to no sugar...and that means I won't have sugary treats around the house that might tempt him...so it is win win. It is good for me...so it is like we are both diabetic and in fact I am more deprived if you want to look at it that way...but we are both feeling better and losing weight. Like I said WIN WIN.

For this week...it's all good. Stay tuned. And how are you all coping?

No comments:

Post a Comment